When it comes to seafood recipes, Malvani Fish Fry Recipe is among one of the favourites. This seafood recipe is popular in the coastal parts of Malavan, Maharashtra. Malvani Fish Fry is a dish that you can enjoy as a perfect starter. You can use Pomfret or KingFish for this recipe.
If you are a diehard fan of seafood then chances are that you might have tried Malvani Fish Fry, but if not then you are missing something!
Nothing to worry, we are here with the authentic Malvani Fish Fry Recipe which you can make it at home with limited ingredients.
Let’s dive straight and see how to make Malvani Fish Fry at home in our today’s post!
Malvani Fish Fry Recipe Ingredients
- 500 gms Surmai Fish or Pomfret Fish cuts (thin slices of 1-2 inches)
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp red Chilli powder
- 3 tbsp authentic Malvani fish masala
- ½ cup of Rice or Semolina (Suji) flour
- ½ cup of Gram (Besan) flour
- 4 tbsp of Oil
- ½ tbsp Ginger paste
- ½ tbsp Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
How to make Malvani Fish Fry at home?
- Wash and drain the pieces of fish properly.
- Now take fish cuts in a bowl and sprinkle salt as per taste, 2 tbsp red Chilli powder, 2 tbsp of Malvani masala, 1 tbsp Turmeric powder and Ginger Garlic paste.
- Take ½ lemon juice and add to fish pieces as well. Rub everything on the pieces of fish properly. Let it marinate for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Take a non-stick pan and add 4 tbsp of oil and let it heat.
- Now take a flat dish and add Rice flour or Semolina flour, Gram flour.
- Add salt to it as per taste, Malvani masala, red Chilli powder and mix well.
- Once done, apply this dry masala on the marinated fish pieces and coat it thoroughly.
- Now add these pieces of fish in a pan and go for shallow frying until both undersides have turned golden.
- Turn it over and fry another side until it becomes golden. It just takes 8-10 minutes to cook fish.
- Now take out the fish pieces and let it cool a bit on the tissue paper.
- Your Malvani Fish Fry dish is now ready to eat. Serve it hot with a lemon slice. You can also serve some onion rings as per your preferences.
You just went through the easy to make yet tasty Pomfret Fry Malvani style. Would not you like to make it and surprise your loved ones? Do that today and let us know how it was in the comments section.
Health benefits of Fish
- Supports weight loss.
- Great for brains.
- Reduces risks of many types of cancers.
- Promotes body and muscles growth.
- Keeps off high blood pressure and heart diseases.
- Avoids gout and arthritis.
- Amazing source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
- Boosts the immune system and energy levels in the body.