Welcome to Foodistan Foodies! It’s not only a platform where we share recipes of all types but even encourage our fans to share their special homemade secret recipes. As a part of this, one of our ardent fans, Sarmina Yasmin recently shared her dessert recipe that she makes during the Eid al-Adha (Bakra Eid) time. The name of the dish is the Shahi Seviyan Ka Zarda.
Read on and know how to make it, and leave your valuable comments after trying it today! This Bakri Eid, enjoy authentic Chicken Biryani along with this Sewai Ka Zarda sweet with your family and friends.
Seviyan ka Zarda Recipe Ingredients
- Brown Sewai (Vermicelli) – 500gm
- Pure cow ghee (clarified butter) – 100 gm
- Milk – Half cup
- Dry fruits – Cashew buts, almonds, dry dates and Pistachio
- Desiccated coconut
- Sugar – 1.5 cup
- Long (cloves) and Green Cardamom
- Saffron for colour
Sewai ka Zarda Recipe Process
- Bring the milk to half boiled stage and keep saffron in it and keep aside
- Take 1.5 cup sugar and add half cup milk into it and keep these on a pan on the slow flame – it is for making sugar syrup
- Now, take another pan and add 2 tbsp ghee and all dry fruits. Ensure that the gas flame is on the minimum and shallow fry them. Once done, take it off and keep it in a plate.
- Now, you should see if the milk that you have added in the pan containing sugar syrup has broken or not. If not, add a bit of salt so that it becomes Khoya as it will give your dish an enriching taste. If you can’t do that, you can just prepare the sugar syrup and buy Khoya from the market.
- Take the pan in which you have shallow fried dry fruits and add 1 big spoon ghee, 1-2 green cardamom and add your brown Sewai. Ensure that you add the Sewai before dry fruits and other items start getting burned due to the higher flame. You will need to be extra cautious at this stage as one mistake will ruin your efforts, and you will need to start all over again.
- Now, once you see that your Sewai has started changing its colour, add the prepared sugar syrup along with Khoya in it. Put the flame now on high and add desiccated coconut, soaked saffron, all dry fruits. Now, stir all for 1 minute on medium and add 1 smaller spoon ghee and mix well. Put off the gas flame. The Shahi Sewai ka Zarda is now ready to dig in!
Health Benefits of Dry Fruits
Since this dessert uses a fair amount of dry fruits, it would also be good to see the health benefits of dry fruits. Here we go.
- Dry fruits are good to maintain your heart health
- They have cancer-fighting properties
- Dry fruits can delay ageing issues
- Good for skin, hair and bones
- They ease digestion and provides you with an energy boost
Try the Shahi Sewai ka Zarda Recipe today only and let us know how it turned out in the comments section. We will keep bringing more guests recipes that we will find worth sharing with our fans.
For more information on recipes and food reviews, subscribe to Foodistan Foodies YouTube channel only on https://bit.ly/2Nr4jGz.