Have you ever tried the Chicken a La Kiev – a tasty Russian dish? If not, then you should try cooking it at home.
The Chicken a La Kiev has always been a famous dish in the Russian Empire, but most of the Slavic people never prepare it at home. It is because it was always considered as a gourmet treat.
This garlic butter stuffed Chicken breast dish is also known Chicken Kiev and it’s named after the Queen City of Ukraine – Kiev.
This is very easy to cook recipe if you follow the below-mentioned cooking process.
So, what are you waiting for! Read on this chicken main course recipe and cook it during this ongoing COVID-19 lockdown situation.
Chicken A La Kiev Recipe Ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 beaten eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 ½ cups white breadcrumbs for coating (dry white)
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Kiev butter or Garlic butter or Garlic infused butter
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Green chillies (optional)
- Coriander (optional)
- Sunflower oil or Olive oil for frying
Chicken A La Kiev Recipe Process
Here is a step by step process to make Chicken Kiev at home (chicken breast stuffed with garlic butter, lemon juice, coriander and chilies).
- Pat the chicken breast dry using a cloth or paper napkin.
- Pound chicken breast with a mallet hammer or rolling pin to make it thinner so that we can easily make chicken rolls. Make sure it’s thinner on the edges, as it will help to seal the chicken breast roll and prevent the garlic butter from coming out.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on one side of the flattened chicken breast.
- Stuff Garlic butter or Kiev butter in the chicken breast’ centre. (If you want, you can squeeze a lemon juice in garlic butter and refrigerate it for some time. And then you can use this lemon garlic butter to stuff inside the chicken breast.)
- You will now need to fold two sides down over the butter. Fold the other end of the chicken breast and then, roll up rest. You need to keep stuffed chicken rolls in the fridge so that lemon garlic butter does not melt.
- Preheat the oil to 175 Degrees Celsius. In simple words, the oil should be kept on a medium to high flame for frying the stuffed chicken breast rolls.
- It’s time to set up 3 distinct dishes for flour, breadcrumbs and beaten eggs.
- Now, coat the chicken rolls with all-purpose flour (Maida). Dust off the excess flour.
- Then, dip it in the beaten eggs.
- Finally, cover the chicken breast with the breadcrumbs.
- Now, place the chicken in the hot oil and fry it till it becomes golden brown. It will be good to do that for 4 minutes on each side.
- After frying, bake them in an oven for 15-20 minutes at 175 Degrees Celsius.
You can serve the Chicken a La Kiev with white rice or mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. And yes, be careful with the first spurt of melted garlic butter lemon sauce when you pierce the chicken.
Health Benefits of Chicken
Chicken is an all-season food. The Chicken Kiev recipe has many health benefits like:
- High in protein – meets your daily protein requirements
- Curtails the risk of Arthritis
- Boosts your immunity to keep off cold, fever and related ailments
- Relives stress
- Soothes post menstrual symptoms
- Increases your appetite
- Cuts the risk of heart attack
- Helps obese people in losing weight and underweight ones to attain weight
- Prevents bone loss
With so many health benefits of chicken and such a delightful Chicken a La Kiev dish to dig in, can you still resist it? Why don’t you try it today and let us know how it went off. I will wait for your valued comments.
For more tempting veg as well as non-veg recipes, follow our Foodistan Foodies YouTube channel.