Which country comes to your mind whenever you eat Pasta or Pizza?
Yes, you guessed it correct. It’s Italy…
Italy is well-known for its art, fashion, historical monuments, and most importantly for their food. Italy’s big contribution to world cuisine is Italian Pizza and Italian Pasta.
Today, I am going to share one of the famous Italian pasta recipe named ‘Pasta Aglio e Olio’.
This Italian garlic oil pasta recipe gained more popularity after Chef Movie was released. In Chef Movie, Hollywood actor Jon Favreau (Carl Casper) cooks Pasta Aglio e Olio for Scarlett Johansson (Molly) to please her!
Watch Pasta Aglio e Olio video scene from Chef Movie…
Thus, without further ado, let’s get started and make this simple yet tasty Pasta Spaghetti Aglio e Olio.
Pasta Aglio e Olio Ingredients
- Spaghetti 200 grams
- Garlic – 8-10 cloves
- 5-7 tablespoons Extra Virgin Oil
- Chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns as per your taste preferences
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese powder (optional)
- 1 small bowl of finely chopped fresh parsley or coriander
- Dry oregano powder (optional)
- Half lemon wedge juice
Pasta Aglio e Olio Process
Follow these steps and cook this easy Spaghetti pasta under 30 minutes:
- Boil large quantity of water in a deep non-stick pan. Next, add salt and a dash Olive oil to this hot boiling water.
- Then add spaghetti pasta and cover the pan with a lid. Let it cook for 8-10 minutes or until the spaghetti is al dente (half-cooked).
- You can now thinly slice the garlic cloves.
- Heat 5-7 tablespoons extra virgin oil in a separate non-stick pan on medium flame.
- Add thinly sliced garlic cloves and sauté till they are fragrant and starts to change colour.
- Now, add red chilli flakes and a sprinkle some salt. This will make garlic cloves crispy. Saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add crushed black paper powder. If you want you can also add dry oregano powder at this stage.
- It’s time to remove spaghetti from the boiling water and add directly to the pan in which we are frying garlic cloves on olive oil.
- You can now sprinkle some more salt as per your taste, then add half lemon wedge juice and mix well.
- Turn off the gas and then add freshly chopped parsley or coriander and mix well.
- At last, you can garnish the Aglio e Olio pasta with parmesan cheese powder and serve it.
You can make your version garlic oil pasta by adding a variety of ingredients like Mushrooms, Olives, Prawns or crispy fried onions or anything that you like.
You just learned to make the Pasta Aglio e Olio recipe with easy steps and lesser ingredients. Since the dish has a nice flavour of fresh garlic cloves, you should also know the key health benefits of garlic. You would be surprised that people have used garlic as food and medicine for close to 500 years, and it has its influence all across the world.
Health Benefits of Garlic
- Removes lung cancer risk – studies shows that people who ate raw garlic twice a week during 7 years had a 44% lower risk of developing lung cancer.
- Garlic removes the cells responsible for a deadly brain tumour
- It is a power antibiotic that keeps of disease-causing bacteria
- Garlic is a heart-healthy food as it keeps the heart protected from possible ailments
- It prevents and controls high cholesterol and high blood pressure (BP/Hypertension)
- Curtails the risk of prostate cancer
- Keeps alcohol-induced liver injury away
- Avoids premature deliveries
- Keeps away common cold, cough, fever and inflammation
- Purifies the blood
- It supports healthy hair and skin growth and nourishment
We will be right back with another tasty dish along with the health benefits of its key ingredients. Till then, try out the Pasta Aglio e Olio recipe and let me know how it was with your valuable comments.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel Foodistan Foodies only on https://bit.ly/2Nr4jGz
- What goes well with Aglio Olio?
This Italian pasta has garlic oil flavor. Along-with this it also has black paper, oregano, lime juice and Parmesan cheese ingredients.
You can enjoy Aglio Olio pasta with white wine and Garlic bread.
- What does Aglio Olio taste like?
With all these (garlic, lime, black paper, coriander etc.) flavorful ingredients, this Italian pasta tastes like lightly tangy and spicy and strongly garlicky.