Are you in for a healthy yet tasty anytime snacking option? You can count on the Soya Beetroot Cutlet as it is not only a healthy option but even a tasty one. It’s a combination of Soya Cutlet and Beetroot Cutlet.
Yes, no need to make that gloomy face on the mentioning of Soya and Beetroot as the main ingredients of this dish.
The Soya Beetroot Cutlet can also be used as a burger patty in veggie burger recipe. It is made with the blending of soaked Soya Chunks and grated Beetroot along with some traditional homemade spices. Then the mixture is shaped like a burger patty. This patty is then coated with bread crumbs or rice flour and at the end, it’s pan-fried. This makes it one of the crispiest and irresistible appetizer recipe of all time! You can enjoy it with tomato ketchup or green chutney. I bet you, that not only kids but everyone will love it!
Here is my easy healthy appetizer recipe that you can make instantly during this COVID-19 lockdown situation at home.
Soya Beetroot Cutlet Recipe Video
Soya Beetroot Cutlet Recipe Ingredients
You don’t need to bring in so much stuff to make the Soya Beetroot cutlet recipe. You just need:
- Boiled mashed potatoes – 1 bowl
- Soya chunks (soaked in water and ground in a mixer) – 1 bowl
- Chopped onion – 1 small bowl
- Grated beetroot – 1 bowl
- Chopped coriander – 1 small bowl
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Chopped green chilies – 2-4 chilies or as per your taste
- Roasted cumin powder 1-2 spoon or as per your taste
- Rock Salt – As per your taste
- Breadcrumbs – 1 bowl
- Olive oil – 2-4 spoon
Soya Beetroot Cutlet Recipe Process
Now that we have all ingredients ready, let’s know the step by step process of making this easy healthy appetizer recipe.
- Take a large bowl and mix all the ingredients. It will be boiled mashed potatoes, grounded soya chunks, chopped onion, coriander, green chillies, ginger and garlic paste, grated beetroot, roasted cumin powder and rock salt.
- Once you have mixed all ingredients, then you will need to make small-medium sized Soya Beetroot patty.
- Apply breadcrumbs or rice flour on all patties one by one.
- Pour 2-4 small spoon Olive oil on a pre-heated non-stick pan.
- Place your Soya Beetroot patty one by one in the pan.
- Brush the patties on both sides while cooking. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Your Soya Beetroot Cutlet is now ready to serve after 6-8 minutes.
Soya Beetroot Health Benefits
The protein content of Soya is considered even higher than that of mutton. And beetroot is excellent for maintaining a perfect hemoglobin level in the body. Let’s know some more health benefits of Soya and Beetroot, the key ingredients of your Soya Beetroot Cutlet.
Health Benefits of Soya
- Known for its high protein content – exceeds even eggs, milk and meat
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis in menopausal women
- Good source of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Lowers cholesterol level in the body
- Rich source of minerals like iron, magnesium, calcium and manganese
- Helps flight diabetes due to high fiber content
- Good source of vitamin B, K, folate and riboflavin
Health Benefits of Beetroot
- Reduces blood pressure (Hypertension – BP)
- Heart-friendly food and keeps it in good shape
- Prevents cancer
- Takes care of your eyes
- Enhances the stamina
- Lessens birth defects
- Curtails the risk of dementia
- Purifies liver and blood
- Increases blood in your body and must for people with a lower hemoglobin level
With so many health benefits of Soya and Beetroot, you can avail of such advantages from both by making the healthy and tastier Soya Beetroot Cutlet right away!
For more such tasty food recipes, subscribe to our Foodistan Foodies YouTube channel NOW!