Today we are going to show the Chicken Tikka recipe without oven. You must have enjoyed the restaurant-style Chicken Tikka as an appetizer at many outlets. And you are bound to be wondering how they can dish out such magic on the plate!
We bet you that almost every non-veg food lover have eaten Chicken Tikka! And most of them would have loved it for sure.
We know that many you must have tried to make Chicken Tikka at home. But the issue that you might have faced while trying to cook Chicken Tikka at home is – not having either Tandoor or oven.
Don’t worry! We are here to help you out. Our Chicken Tikka recipe without oven won’t require any tandoor or oven at all. All that you will need will only be the Grill Pan or a regular non-stick frying pan.
The Chicken Tikka recipe without an oven that you are going to learn today is inspired by the Celebrity Chef Kunal Kapoor.
Chef Kunal Kapoor recipes are simply yummylicious. Hence, we tried his tandoori Chicken Tikka recipe and thought to share it with our followers.
Watch how to make Chicken Tikka at home without oven.
Chicken Tikka Recipe Ingredients
- ½ kg Boneless Chicken pieces
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Lemon
- Ginger and Garlic Paste
- Mustard oil
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Tandoori Chicken Masala
- Hung Curd
- Dried Methi Leaves Powder
- Chaat Masala
- Coriander Leaves
- Refined oil
- Charcoal to give a smoky flavour
Chicken Tikka without Oven Recipe Process
The process of making restaurant style Chicken Tikka at home involves two types of marination.
Marination 1 Process
- Take a bowl and put ½ kg boneless chicken pieces in it.
- Put a bit of salt.
- Squeeze some lime juice.
- Put ½ tablespoon ginger and garlic paste.
- Mix everything thoroughly and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
Marination 2 Process
- Take another bowl and put 1-2 spoon of Kachchi Ghani Mustard oil. It is a must for giving the dish that extra punch.
- Put ½ tablespoon of each Kashmiri Red Chili Powder and Tandoori Chicken masala – it gives the item a bright and red colour, and it’s not that spicy.
- Put ½ tablespoon ginger and garlic paste.
- Now it is the time to add some thick hung curd (1 cup).
- Put some salt as per your taste (Remember that we have already put some salt in the first marination).
- Squeeze a bit of lime.
- Put in ½ tablespoon dried Methi Leaves’ Powder.
- Mix everything.
- Now take the first Chicken marination and put it into the second one.
- Mix the 1st and 2nd marination thoroughly.
- Keep this mix marinated Chicken pieces for at least 30-40 minutes, but if you can keep it for longer, the better.
- Now heat the Grill Pan and ensure that it’s super hot so that your Chicken Tikka is cooked perfectly, and does not taste like boiled chicken.
- Brush up the Grill Pan with some Refined oil.
- Put in the marinated Chicken Tikka pieces one by one and let it cook on the high heat.
- Overturn the Chicken Tikka pieces as we have put the flame on high.
- After both sides are cooked, you will now need to simmer the flame. It will help to cook the meat perfectly from inside out.
- It will take 15-20 minutes for it to be cooked entirely.
The Chicken Tikka without Oven is now ready to be served. After serving, sprinkle some Chaat Masala and squeeze some lemon.
Health Benefits of Chicken
Chicken is considered one of the leanest forms of protein after Fish. If you eat it moderately, then you will be able to reap many health benefits.
- Power-packed protein supply that can keep your health in perfect shape.
- Aids weight loss.
- Assists to sustain healthy bones.
- Stress reliever.
- Boosts your overall immunity.
- Keeps away heart attack risks.
- Helps you control Hypertension (high BP).
- Diminishes PMS symptoms.
Now that you have learned Chef Kunal Kapoor’s grilled Chicken Tikka recipe, why don’t you try it out today?
Let us know how it tasted in the comments section. We will be eagerly waiting for them!
- How to Give a Charcoal Smoky Flavour to Chicken Tikka?
Follow below-mentioned steps to give a nice Charcoal smoky flavour to any food item:
Step-1: Burn the Charcoal on high flame.
Step-2: Then place it in Chicken Tikka bowl.
Step-3: Pour 1 tablespoon of ghee on charcoal and instantly cover the bowl with a lid so that smoke coming out of it stays inside the bowl.
Step-4: Keep the bowl covered for least 10 minutes to get a good charcoal smoky flavour.