During this COVID-19 lockdown period, you may have cravings for tasty appetizers. You might be searching for some quick and easy to make veg appetizers recipes. Don’t you worry at all!
Foodistan Foodies brings you the Crispy Baby Corn recipe which you can make under 30 minutes! It is one of the easy finger food recipes which can be made instantly.
You may have tried the Crispy Baby Corns served in a restaurant as an appetizer. Now, today you can make this restaurant-style Crispy Babycorn appetizer at home.
Crispy Baby Corn Recipe Ingredients
- 3 cups corn or 3 corncobs
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 4-6 tbsp rice four or all-purpose flour or maida
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ – ½ tsp salt or as per your preference
- 4 cups water for parboiling corn
Spices for Making Crispy Baby Corns
- ¾ tsp Zeera powder or cumin powder
- ¾ – 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ – ¾ tsp red chili powder
Other Ingredients (Optional)
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (to be used only if needed)
Crispy Baby Corn Recipe Process
- Bring corn from markets with a firm and plump kernels. Avoid too young, tender or juice and even hard kernels.
- Cut the corn into 2 parts and start picking the entire kernels from the cob without cutting with a knife. Take a bowl and add them to it. Cutting with a knife will make the kernels spluttering while frying.
- Add it to the salted hot water and keep boiling for 2 minutes. Skip this step if your kernels are milky and not hard.
- Drain them and rinse under running water. Once excess water drains up, you can then add them to a wide bowl.
- Pour oil into a deep pan for frying. Keep the flame to medium. While the oil is heating, coat corn kernels with the flour.
- Check if the corns are moist – add salt, pepper, 3 tbsp cornflour and 3 tbsp rice flour. Let them toss to coat with the flour then.
- Now, repeat adding rest of the flour as required and toss them again.
- Now, by this time, the oil must be heat up, at this time, drop one kernel and check. Ensure that the oil is hot; else the flour may disperse in it.
- Regulate the flame to medium and don’t disturb the heat flow until you see corns floating on top – keep off if they turn lumpy.
- Remove them to a colander when they become crunchy.
- Once you have fried all corns, add all to a bowl and sprinkle red chilli powder, cumin powder and Chaat Masala.
- Quickly remove them to serving plates and sprinkle onions and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Crispy Baby Corns immediately – you can now squeeze few drops of lemon juice if you want.
Health Benefits of Baby Corn
Baby Corns are healthier and provide you with many health benefits. Have a look.
- Low in calories – adding it may help you reduce weight super quick.
- Rich in fibre – helps in moving your bowel movements by adding bulk to your stool.
- Rich in nutrients – Half cup meets 4% of the body’s daily need of Vitamin A and Iron and 2% of Vitamin C.
- Aids digestion – They are packed with soluble as well as insoluble fibres – stimulating healthy digestion.
- Promotes healthy vision – Yellow baby corns come with loads of carotenoids, and they support eye health.
Why don’t you try the Crispy Baby Corn Recipe today and add a punch of nutrition to support a healthy life as well? Leave me with your valuable comments on how you liked this Crispy Baby Corn Recipe. Keep following my channel – Foodistan Foodies for more recipes at https://bit.ly/2Nr4jGz.
- Is Baby Corn healthy?
Yes, Baby Corn is a very healthy vegetable. It's a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Iron. It also contains Folic Acid (Folate) which helpful for healthy pregnancy of women. Also, Baby Corn is a rich source of fibres, which helps digestion. Food scientist also claimed that Baby Corns help in improving vision.
- How to make Crispy Baby Corns?
There are 2 important ingredients which make Baby Corn appetizers crispier-
1. The batter – Batter should be light and airy. You can do this by adding soda and using some rice flour along-with all-purpose flour.
2. Oil temperature – You need to double fry Babycorns. In 1st frying keep oil temperature low so that it cooks evenly. Then in 2nd frying, keep oil temperature high, which will help in making outer layer crispier.